Located in beautiful seaside Broulee, right in the heart of the NSW South Coast’s magnificent Eurobodalla region, Banksia Village offers the quality, independence and care-free retirement lifestyle you’ve been looking for.
Our architecturally designed 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, complete with contemporary styling, quality inclusions, embedded adaptability standards and 24 hour emergency call service (offsite monitored), ensures a relaxed, comfortable and secure retirement lifestyle within a supportive community of like-minded people.
Our architecturally designed two and three bedroom villas are surrounded by carefully landscaped and lawned grounds. Each villa has been positioned to take advantage of the gardens for outlook and privacy and has been specifically designed for comfortable, secure and relaxed retirement living.
- Range of two and three bedroom villas
- Brick and tile construction
- Garages in most villas
- Security front doors
- Flyscreens and security doors
- Quality floor coverings
- Built-in wardrobes in main and second bedrooms
- Quality kitchen, bathroom and laundry fittings
- Range hood, wall oven and ceramic cook top
- Ceiling fans and reverse cycle air conditioning
- Grab and support handles in bathroom
- Emergency call system available in all villas (off-site monitoring 24 hours)
- Phone and television outlets
- Window coverings and light fittings
- Patio areas for outdoor living
- Smoke detectors
- Remote controlled garage doors
- Washing machine and dryer (Villas 101-183)
- Solar hot water system with electrical boost (Villas 101-183)
- Underground rainwater tanks for laundry, toilet and garden use (Villas 101-183)
If you or your spouse are over 55, retired, and seeking an independent, relaxed and quality lifestyle, with new friends and tranquil surroundings, then Banksia Village at Broulee is for you.
To find out more or arrange a tour, contact Heidi Pendlebury, our Village Manager.
P: 02 4471 6031
Click on each heading below for further information about Banksia Village:
- Villa maintenance – ongoing routine and ad hoc maintenance provided by Banksia’s professional maintenance team
- Vitalcall 24/7 emergency call system available at all villas (offsite monitored)
- Fully formed and well signed roadways and paths throughout the Village
- Our extensive landscaped gardens and restful water features encourage native birdlife and provide beautiful havens for outdoor relaxing and villa outlooks
- Easy access from our attractive and well maintained and lit street front
- Designated recycling bays and waste collection service
- Access to Banksia’s resort style recreation facilities, the Grevillea and Waratah Centres, which include:
- Heated pool
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Lounge and library
- Commercial grade kitchen facilities
- Activities and functions centres
- Barbeque and entertainment area
- Visitor parking
- Banksia’s Village management and staff available for information and assistance
Independent living villas are offered as a loan/licence agreement, where residents pay an ingoing contribution up front in return for the right to occupy the premises. Villa pricing options consist of a combination of an ingoing contribution and a deferred management fee (DMF).
Ingoing contributions currently range from $465,000 to $835,000 depending upon the type of villa and option selected. The pricing options have been designed to give residents maximum flexibility in selecting a combination of ingoing contribution and DMF to suit their circumstances.
For example, for a standard ‘Type A’ 2 bedroom villa, a resident can select to pay an ingoing contribution of $660,000 with a DMF structure of 30% over a 7 year term. In this case $660,000 would be payable on entry, and if the villa was occupied for 7 years or longer, on departure the resident would be refunded the ingoing contribution less a 30% DMF fee. If the villa was occupied for less than 7 years, the DMF would be calculated as per the rate in brackets on the villa pricing schedule (please see link below).
Refunds to outgoing residents are payable within 6 months after the date that a villa is permanently vacated, or within 14 days after the date on which full payment of a new ingoing contribution for the villa is received, whichever occurs first.
In addition, residents pay a fortnightly recurrent charge for services and facilities. and currently ranges between $218.34 (Villas 1A-53) to $241.79 (Villas 101-183) per fortnight for the 2023/24 financial year. Recurrent charges are reviewed annually in consultation with residents.
Recurrent charges cover costs of services and facilities, such as repairs and maintenance, gardening, council rates, building insurance, water charges, garbage disposal, and the village emergency call system. Residents are responsible for electricity, telephone and internet, and contents insurance.
You will have to pay a departure fee when you leave this village.
The pricing options are numerous and have been designed to give residents maximum flexibility in selecting an option to suit their specific needs and financial circumstances.
Click below to find out more about our villa pricing options:
Click on each heading for further information about Banksia Village:
For more information, please contact our Village Manager, Heidi Pendlebury:
P: 02 4471 6031
Broulee, known locally as the “Village by the Sea”, is conveniently located within 10-15 minutes of Batemans Bay and Moruya – the perfect backdrop for Banksia Village.
The local region offers sheltered bays, unspoilt ocean beaches and riverine waterways ideal for fishing, swimming and water sports. Pristine tidal wetlands, nature reserves and bushland provide a wealth of choice for walking, cycling and other outdoor activities. A wide bicycle and walking path directly joins Banksia Village with two of Broulee’s three beaches, the local Post Office and Corner Store, as well as Broulee Pharmacy and cafes.
The region is well serviced with local shopping including a pharmacy available in Broulee itself, and great cafes, clubs and dining in neighbouring suburbs. Moruya and Batemans Bay offer more extensive shopping as well as medical, hospital, dental and other professional and personal services, and are hubs for a wide range of community activities, continuing education, and creative pursuits.
Local bus and taxi services are available, along with Banksia’s own community transport, and nearby Moruya Airport offers regular flights to Sydney and Merimbula.
Frequently Asked Questions
The only payment you have to make to Banksia (once you have paid for your villa) will be the fortnightly recurrent charges. Your other expenses will nearly all depend on your lifestyle and will include such things as insurance on your contents, phone, TV, electricity, maintenance of your appliances and of course your own personal living costs. The operator of a retirement village must supply each resident with a proposed annual budget 60 days before the commencement of each financial year, itemising the way in which the operator proposes to expend the money to be received by way of recurrent charges from the residents during the financial year.
Yes, subject to conditions set out in General Terms Clause 11 of the Retirement Village Contract, the operator may, in its absolute discretion and subject to confirmation by the Tribunal pursuant to the provisions of the Retirement Villages Act 1999, terminate the right of occupancy.
As a minimum, we recommend that residents have their own contents insurance, with public liability cover.
4. What happens if I or my partner has to move into residential aged care, or one of us passes away?
In these circumstances, the remaining partner will be able to remain in your villa unless you choose to make an alternative arrangement.
Pets other than a budgerigar, canary or fish will not normally be permitted, given that they can impact on other residents in the Village. Any other pets will require written approval of Banksia Villages Ltd.
Yes, visitors or guests are welcome to stay for a period up to four weeks. After this period, permission in writing must be obtained from Banksia Villages Ltd.