About this Policy
What to read first
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act):
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services or information that we supply. Sometimes we collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to your information being used in this way, or would reasonably expect us to collect it in this way. We only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected.
What we collect from you
User contact forms
When you fill out a contact form wishing to get in touch with us, we will collect that information and use it to get in touch with you in response to your query. We may use the information to reach out to you to inform you of some of the services we provide, provided it is in line with your original query.
If you contact us for any technical, product or other website related support, we may retain that information on record so as to process your request as well as for training purposes. Such information may include the transcript, emails or other information which was relayed by you and Banksia Villages Ltd throughout the support request process.
What we collect from your online activity
- Site performance indicators: these give us information on how our websites are used, so that we can make the necessary improvements or amendments to make your experience a better one.
- Analytics Cookies: these give us the statistics to understand how many people are on our website, which areas are popular and which areas we need to work on.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to understand what type of advertising would be better suited to someone like you. That way, you would receive ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
What we collect and receive from others
We may also collect personal information from other companies that are able to disclose it to us as this information is received in line with their privacy policies.
- Maps/Video and other embedded content
Use and Disclosure
We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities. We will not provide your personal information to other entities or bodies, or any other party unless one of the following applies (as per and in line with APP 6 – use and disclosure of personal information):
- You have consented.
- You would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies (for more information, see subclause 6.2).
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- It may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
When it comes to direct marketing, no one likes being spammed. At Banksia Villages Ltd, we may use your personal information to send you advertising that is customised to your interests, characteristics or general location.
Opt-out: As with all direct marketing correspondence that you receive from us via email, there is always an unsubscribe button or link located at the bottom of the email. With this you can manage which messages you receive from us.
Quality of Personal Information
We do what we can to keep your personal information up to date and accurate at all times as this allows us to deliver a better service to you. If any information we have for you needs to be corrected, you can contact us via our contact page.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These steps include password protection for all of our IT systems. While we cannot share with you details of our entire security system for safety reasons, if you have any questions, you can always contact us at our contact page.
When no longer required or requested by you, all personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
A data breach occurs when there is unauthorised access, disclosure or loss of personal information held by Banksia. In keeping with the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017, we have implemented procedures to deal with any breach of security for personal information that is likely to result in serious harm, which include:
- Reporting the data breach to management.
- Taking immediate steps to contain the data breach to prevent any further loss or compromise of personal information.
- Assessing the potential for serious harm and determining what actions should be taken to mitigate the harm.
- Notifying in writing all persons suspected to be at risk of serious harm, including details of what information may have been compromised, the general circumstances of how it came to be compromised and details of any mitigating actions instigated by Banksia.
- Notifying the Privacy Commission and submitting a statement.
- Undertaking a continuous review process to identify what actions should be taken to limit the possibility of a repeat incident.
Access and Correction
At Banksia Villages Ltd, we do everything we can to keep your personal information accurate. If you find that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you can contact us at our contact page, or as per the contact details below and we will endeavour to assist you with your questions. Please bear in mind that under Australian privacy laws, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to such personal information. For instance, if it would reasonably affect someone else’s privacy or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health or safety.
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, you can contact us at our contact page or via another option below.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to Contact Us
We understand that your personal information is important to you and are thrilled that you made it this far! If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Email: contact page
Address: Banksia Villages Ltd, 69 Heath Street, Broulee, NSW, 2537