Banksia Villages Ltd (Banksia) is an independent, charitable and not for profit company, limited by guarantee.
We are governed by a highly qualified and experienced Board of Directors from business, professional and community leadership backgrounds, elected from within our membership. Our assets total more than $73m, including the $9m extension to our residential aged care facility, Banksia Lodge.
Banksia acknowledges the traditional lands of the Yuin People. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future.
A community organisation providing quality care and support for older persons, maintaining their independence.
Planning for the Future
- Further develop planning and maintenance systems to ensure that existing buildings, facilities and equipment are maintained at the highest level.
- Expand services that meet and align with existing resident needs and emerging market demands.
- Incorporate adaptability standards and contemporary finishes in new and refurbished villas to facilitate growing levels of frailty in the home and to provide a modern and vibrant Village.
- Improve mechanisms for feed-back and assessment of satisfaction levels of existing residents, including an annual survey.
- Produce a concept strategy for a further retirement living development on the north west boundary that is innovative, contemporary and responsive to emerging market demands and complementary to existing residents and the surrounding community.
- Effectively and safely manage the occupancy stage of the Lodge extension.
- Enhance activities and lifestyle options for Lodge residents.
- Further engage the community and volunteers through meaningful work and activity that enhances the lives of residents.
- Effectively manage volunteers to ensure their satisfaction and that they are ambassadors for Banksia Lodge and its residents.
- Improve proactive communication with residents, their families and resident groups.
- Develop human, physical and environmental resources to provide for the continued growth in high care services.
- Proactively plan for the transition to full consumer directed care (CDC) in 2017.
- Progressively enhance the range of services offered based on market demand.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy to ensure Banksia is ‘top of mind’ within the local community – especially those persons approaching suitability for an ACAT assessment for support or care in their own home.
- Research demand and feasibility of a day care program to further support community care clients and their families.
- Identify mechanisms to support, protect and develop Banksia’s organisational culture.
- Develop a comprehensive Workforce Development Plan to ensure existing human resources are retained, developed and rewarded, and that skilled staff are available when needed.
- Enhance technology throughout Banksia to deliver improved client outcomes and enhanced sophistication and performance in business and financial operations and reporting.
- Develop a technology based asset management strategy to facilitate the cost effective management of assets and currency of facilities and equipment.
- Further develop the brand equity strategy to ensure that brand Banksia is upheld, maximised and protected and continues to be a symbol for care, trust and quality.
- Further embed leadership development programs for all leaders and managers within Banksia.
- Continue to engage with existing clients and residents to obtain market intelligence about current and future unmet needs.
- Commission Stage 4 independent living concept planning and business case preparation.
- Research and identify a short set of quality care indicators for use across all Banksia services.
- Grow partnerships with tertiary education and training institutions to enhance services provided to residents and to be recognised as an innovator and sector leader in training and development.
- Continue to compare performance to best practice and benchmarking measures for industry excellence.
- Set measureable key performance targets in each area of the business where this is possible.
- Based on the above implement best practice management reporting systems that provide clear and unfettered feedback to governors on identified key performance areas.
- Further enhance the policy framework to provide clear, concise and strategically aligned direction for the company and its stakeholders.
- Review and update the Constitution to meet good governance principles including establishment of a review sub-committee.
- Introduce formal evaluation systems for Board performance.
- Develop a formal succession planning strategy to ensure the inflow of quality resources at Board level and that the mix of skill and experience is maintained at a high level.
From its early beginnings in 1992, Banksia has become a valuable community asset, with a rich reputation for providing the best in retirement living, aged care facilities and services, and – above all – a caring, friendly and supportive environment for those who call Banksia home.
Formed by a small group from the Batemans Bay RSL Sub Branch, Banksia was initially established as the Batemans Bay Ex-Service and Community Village Limited. We later became Banksia Villages Limited to reflect the diversity of our services to the wider community.
Today, Banksia Village is a leading, fully accredited provider of independent retirement living, residential aged care, and help at home delivered to homes throughout our region. Our co-located retirement village and aged care facility occupy eight hectares of level land at Broulee, on the NSW South Coast, with a further exciting enhancement of our site currently in planning. As a capstone development for Banksia Village, this next stage will incorporate additional villas for independent living with an extended range of in-demand lifestyle facilities and professional services.
- To provide quality care and support for older persons, maintaining their independence.
- To be the leader in providing person centred, innovative, flexible care, accommodation and professional services for older persons.
- To provide consumer choice and individualised service.
- To respect the dignity, grace and individuality of the Banksia community.
- To be honest, open and transparent in our dealings with residents, their families, our staff and the wider community.
- To provide sustainable and equitable working conditions for our staff and volunteers.
- To value teamwork, quality and accountability in all that we do.
- To encourage the involvement of those in our care, their families, our staff and volunteers and the wider community in the planning and provision of person centred, innovative, flexible and accountable services.